Welcome to Lower School
Hello, we are Miss Henley, Mr Ruffett, Mrs Hall and Mrs Lloyd and together teach Years 3 and 4 in three mixed age classes. We all enjoy working in a small school which has a specialist focus on the junior ages.
As a team we have a dual role. The first is to make the transition from Year 2 at Littlehaven to Year 3 at Northolmes as smooth and straightforward as possible for our younger pupils. Secondly, we focus on preparing our Year 4’s for the transition to Upper School. Lower School is an exciting place to be and our Learning Journeys aim to engage all the children. We are always amazed by the talents of the children and how much they blossom and grow during their time with us.
Homework in Years 3 and 4
- This year KS2 homework will consist of spellings and a homework grid.
- We encourage children to log on to the rock stars Times Table regularly using their log on https://ttrockstars.com/login
- Spelling tests will be every Thursday. Each week your child should learn their spellings in preparation for the test.
- Every other Wednesday children will have a times table test to move up on the class ladder.
- Children are encouraged to complete an extra homework task from the homework grid, this covers many different subjects throughout the week.
- Every week we will look at the Reading Diary by adults in the class, but the diary needs to be in school everyday. A record of what the children have read needs to be added to the diary daily.
Children have the opportunity to complete homework in homework club. Should you have any concerns about homework please speak to your child’s teacher.
The knowledge organisers for each term can be found on display in the entrance to your child’s class or printed in the home school diary. We ask that you spend time with your child looking over the key vocabulary to help them have a good understanding of the vocabulary that we will be looking at in class. Further advice on how you could use them, can be found in their home school diary.
PE takes place twice a week, we learn one activity for 6 consecutive lessons, then rotate onto a different activity. Please see below for when your child will be having PE. We are currently asking all children to come to school in their PE uniform on their PE days:
Whenever possible, we will be outside teaching the children. A focus for us this year, will be on Outdoor Education and therefore we would like the children to ideally have a spare pair of wellies or shoes in school. These shoes should be in a named bag and left in the classroom. We ask that every child has a coat with them everyday, as we plan to be outside whatever the weather.
Find Out More
Find Out More
Find Out More